[3830] CQ160 SSB KL7RA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KL7RA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:57:06 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 159  State/Prov = 37  Countries = 11  Total Score = 39,120

Club:

Comments:

I was 100% serious at the start and after 10 Q's in five hours my enthusiasm
started to dump. Loud stations just couldn't hear me so I quit. Than back
again, then quit again.

The second night was just as bad but it did finally start to produce around
0900z. Worked all the DX I heard after that with one call but by then the qso's
totals was so low I decided to just pack it in again after the West coast
sunrise run which was okay but not great. I'm sure I was only working guys that
were serious and had good antennas.

Went back one last time and picked off all the stations that couldn't hear me
before in case they missed the mult. No JA's which is a large part of my log in
CW so I pulled the plug. I think most of the KL7's quit the first night. Band
was packed from 1801 to 1997 so someone was working stuff. I did hear many
struggle with calls as I tuned up the band so it wasn't a cakewalk for the W7's
either. I did the dittle contest for 10 hours and 500+ Q's so the weekend wasn't
a total bust.   73 Rich KL7RA