[3830] NCQP N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 06:28:28 -0800 (PST)
                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   80:   38     65
   40:   36     67
   20:    1      2
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   76    133  Mults = 61  Total Score = 30,334

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 50 bonus pts for working Dare Co and 150 for working W4WS and
W4NC. Suggest either doing away with the bonuses, or adding to QSO point total
before multiplication x mults, or increasing to something meaningful like 200
for one, 500 for both counties/stations.
  The Wx in NC was suckola with snow/heavy rain which caused mobiles including
N4C (NY4N) to stay at home by the fire, can't say I blame them. This made for a
phone strategy to catch more Q's and the mults available. with only W4MY roaming
around and buried in pile-ups when they hit a new county. They were easy enough
to track holding right above 7040 then QSY'ing after dark to just below 3540.
I'd guess a lot of guys just listened to them waiting for the next county.
Thanks for your efforts driving thru the wind and rain and for 16 Q's most of
which were new counties! I couldn't get thru due to skipping over me and
pile-ups for about 90 minutes around 2130-2300Z and missed them in probably EDG
(got that mult).
  Northern NC was on the edge of the skip zone all afternoon until around 2030Z
when I lost them for good more or less and there was no late 40M opening like
last year. This cut into my Q total with the triangle area, etc. It took 3
hours to hit 100 Q's and another 6+ to hit 200 Q's; the last 3 hours on 75
phone were pretty painfully slow. I managed quite a few more Q's on phone
thanks to having a voice this year and better audio, no fun being sick. Thanks
to the Forsythe ARC for sponsoring this event and the plaques. Some of you PVRC
types need to get more active in your state QP.