[3830] ARRLDX SSB VP9I M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3ph@ptd.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VP9I M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 17:48:18 -0700 (PDT)
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VP9I
Operator(s): W3MF, K3PH
Station: VP9I

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Bermuda
Operating Time (hrs): 40+

  160:  286    38
   80:  523    48
   40:  824    54
   20: 1643    59
   15:  294    40
   10:   36     9
-------------------
Total: 3606   248  Total Score = 2,682,864

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Many thanks to Ed Kelly, VP9GE, for making
his fine QTH available to us and for his
very gracious hospitality.  Ed has taken
really good care of a couple of first-time
DXpeditioners who really had no idea what
they were doing here in Bermuda.  Truly
a gentleman.

Also many thanks to Kurt, W6PH, who not only
gave up his slot for us, but provided us with
a tutorial about operating from VP9 (including
a pretty darn good band plan).

We really didn't know what to expect from a
low-power operation here at the bottom of the
sunspot cycle.  We were hoping against hope
for 3000 QSOs.  So, we are very pleased with
the results.