[3830] ARRLDX SSB ND0C SOSB/20 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB ND0C SOSB/20 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 18:36:19 -0700 (PDT)
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOSB/20 QRP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  196    74
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  196    74  Total Score = 43,512

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

This was pretty brutal in light of my questionable decision to go single band on
20 with 5 watts from "the black hole" of the upper Midwest.  The majority of the
European QSOs were a struggle and even South Americans were tough to get at
times.  Conditions seemed kind of mediocre and the QRM was unbelievable - not
conducive for fun QRP operation.  Sunday morning was especially challenging,
but fortunately there was a nice opening to Europe in the afternoon to help
make for it.  I did manage to pick up 74 countries in light of everything -
probably missed about 6 multipliers that I called but was never able to work.

Operating etiquette and ethics seem to be rare commodities these days, e.g.
guys constantly calling on top of QSOs or attempts to get fills.  And a lot of
the signals are very poor - over driven and distorted.  Let's clean it up!

Station: Yaesu FT-897D at 5 watts and a 3 element tribander 15 meters high.

73,
Randy, ND0C

You don't have to be crazy to run QRP - but it helps.