[3830] ARRLDX SSB W0AIH M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W0AIH M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 22:11:36 -0700
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): W0AIH, KB9OWD, K0YR, K0TI, K9AIH, K9MU,AC0KM,W0RU, K0TG, K0AD,
K0BUD
Station: W0AIH

Class: M/M HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   68    42
   80:  153    69
   40:  278    77
   20: 1100   114
   15:  189    50
   10:   22    10
-------------------
Total: 1810   362  Total Score = 1,945,026

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Another fun weekend at The Farm!  It sure would be nice to have some sunspots
again so we can have more bands active.  But that is not news to anyone reading
these reports.

I was on the low bands the 2nd night and worked a European station and got the
report that we were a "true 59".  Signals on the low bands were pretty decent
this weekend.  It is always lice to get reports like that from the Upper
Midwest.  I was on the 160 4-square at the time.  Paul's antennas perform
great!

I was on 40 Sunday afternoon and worked DL0OBO.  He told me that he knows Rich
(N0HJZ) who operated at his station last year.  We usually get comments like
"Hi Paul"  Not usually recognition of one of our own MWAers.  Neat!

It seems like 10 meters comes alive on Sunday more than Saturday.  After the
first day we had 4 QSO's in the log.  Paul pounded away on 10 and came up with
22 at the end of it all.  That was probably a good hour after he had declared
10 as being done for the day.  10 was active up to the end of the contest.

Al, K0AD came out Sunday and Mike, K0BUD came along too.  Mike had a great JA
run going on 20 that afternoon.  I think the antennas and their performance
impressed Mike.  ;)  The JA Rhombic was the antenna of choice and worked
great!

Thanks go to Paul for his hospitality this weekend and to Mary for a nice
dinner she delivered to the "Chalet" (main operating building).

http://www.qth.com/w0aih/

73, John  K0TG