[3830] ARRLDX SSB KL7RA M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KL7RA M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 04:31:48 -0700
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL7IF AL2F KA1NCN KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  285    50
   80:  613    51
   40: 1004    57
   20: 3204    60
   15:  783    48
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 5898   266  Total Score = 4,541,418

Club:

Comments:

Good rates with a good team for a good score for Alaska. Had we had any ten
meters openings, even just for a brief time, this could have been a very
competitive score. We did have rate on one band most of the time and often on
two bands, occasionally three but never made rate on four bands. Maybe next
year.

Missed Lb and Nu on all bands and got DC and Yt on only one band even though I
had ground up those qsl cards and had them in the contest soup for luck. Bands
were not as good the second day as the first and we didn't get the nice runs on
15 that we were hoping for. 20 stayed productive all daylight hours and 40
started in daylight early each day.

This is the last contest for DOS and the PC's are all stacked up heading for
the dump.

Congrats to Kris, AL2F for making the 300 Q's a hour club. He is a new
contesters and has all the enthusiasm that goes with being new to radiosport.
Our newest member of the team is Dave, KA1NCN who flew down from Bethel, Alaska

for his first contest as "DX". Do a search on Bethel just to see how remote
towns can be in Alaska. He was the "speed" demon you all heard and no way was I
going to slow him down. It was good for the rest of us laid-way back Alaskans
with our face in the doughnuts all contest. I even pushed the "CQ Contest"
button faster on ten meters when he was operating. 73 Rich KL7RA