[3830] ARRLDX SSB CU2X(OH2BH) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB CU2X(OH2BH) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 05:50:21 -0700
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: CU2X
Operator(s): OH2BH
Station: CU2X

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Azores
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80: 2050    60
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 2050    60  Total Score = 369,000

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I had always wanted to challenge ON4UN's good old ARRL SSB scores
by moving down where we do not need to battle against the Auroral
attenuation and the effects of the geomagnetic North Pole. And
now that our Azores location is shaping up, it was time to proceed.

www.cu2a.com

I am not sure even today whether the DXE beverage was behaving
correctly since it was almost as noisy as the beam, but it certainly
helped in some situations...maybe the atmospheric noise was just
a feature of the entire weekend. But at least I was able to log
hundreds of smaller stations all the way from the West Coast.
In particular, giving Walt, W6SA his first 75M EU QSO after his
fifty years in amateur radio was heartwarming. The notes and the
warm words made it all worthwhile.

It was a fun trip, and I did easily reach my 2000 QSO target with
all U.S. states logged.

Thanks to my traveling companion, Juha, OH8NC for a super week and
Paula, CU2YL, Jose, CU2CE and Francisco, CU2DX for being on hand
when encouragement and help was needed.