[3830] ARRLDX CW PI4TUE(PC5A) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pc5a@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW PI4TUE(PC5A) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:54:36 -0700
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PI4TUE
Operator(s): PC5A
Station: PI4TUE

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  91     29
   10:
-------------------
Total:  91     74  Total Score = 7,917

Club:

Comments:

Like last year I decided to try 15M again. Of course the rates were very slow
and conditions marginal, but Saturday after sunset there were 91 QSO's in the
log, 20 more than the total of last year...

The next morning I came to the station a little early together with Sam PA4AO.
We wanted to fix the broken left head phone channel of the ORION so you can
enjoy having a second receiver, especially at slow rates. Well... when we were
finally done it was 18:30 local and 15M was DEAD. But on the bright side, both
head phone channels were working! So much for my single op 15M attempt. To
relax from hours of assembling/disassembling/soldering I decided not to go home
but to join the fun on the lower bands. 20M was still in a good shape. At 20:21Z
I changed band to 40M were the fun continued. 40M is a great band these days,
especially in CW! At 21:28Z I changed band one more time and went to 80M but
worked just one station (KT1V). After that QSO I packed up and went home,
thinking about the ARRL SSB in two weeks...

Station Description:
ORION I
SteppIR 3 EL @ 250 FT
HF2V & 80/40 dipoles @ 250 FT

After submission date ends I'll put the recorded audio QSO's on:
ftp://131.155.192.179/audio_files/

If you have a recording of PI4TUE I'd like to have it.

73
-- Aurelio, PC5A