[3830] Commonwealth VY1EI Open HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VY1EI Open HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 19:59:01 -0700
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VY1EI
Operator(s): ERIC
Station: VY1EI

Class: Open HP
QTH: Yukon
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:
   40:  11
   20:  62
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  73  Total Score = 1,425

Club:

Comments:

This was my first BERU. I don't think writelog recorded my score correctly.

Crummy conditions for most of the contest, except for the path to Australia and
New Zealand. The aurora was strong the whole contest period. It wasn't over my
QTH but justabout and all signals to Europe were under that strong auroral
watery flutter. I got few Canadian contacts. Surprised by that. For most of the
contest there was no noise floor on 20 meters at all, like the band was totally
shut down, but very weak signals from VK and ZL were common. No contacts with
South Africa or India.

Different contest for sure. No pileups. Lots of time to complete a QSO if its
hard to copy the exchange information. The highlight of the contest was when
ZD8RH from Ascension Island Island called in.

Eric
VY1EI