[3830] WiQP NE9U SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, skjasper@att.net
Subject: [3830] WiQP NE9U SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:11:48 -0700
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:  252
   40:  431
   20:   96
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:          9
  UHF:
--------------------
Total:  779     9  Mults = 70  Total Score = 172,535.0

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Well, after driving 500+ miles on Sunday, me and my son hopped in the car Monday
morning and drove another 600 miles to golf!  We looked at the weather map,
found where the 80's were going to be, googled for some golf courses and ended
up at "Lake of the Ozarks", Missouri.  14 nice golf course in a small area.  We
hit 3 of them for a quick 54 holes.

Anyway, got back home and cleaned up the log last night.  Like everyone has
said, things were fast from the get-go.

We had no problems at all compared to the last MQP and WQP.  For about 1/2hour,
the operators brain went dead and at the end Art's TS850 didn't seem to handle
all the loud signals on 80 very well (lots of thumping from the sides).

I found that with the big piles calling, I had to run with my filters off as a
lot of callers were outside the 500 Hz filter.  If I had it on it was just a
jumbled mess and couldn't pick anyone out.

Saturday night we had a nice steak dinner with WI9WI and talked lots of
contesting (I was sorry to read about all the vehicle problems Jim had on
Sunday!)
Also Saturday night we ran into a couple guys who had been out Elk watching.
They told us which forest roads to go down, so Sunday morning we went out
looking.  That didn't pan-out so then we went and had our usual Breakfast at
the Elkhorn cafe in Clam Lake.  We got the usual stares and questions about our
antenna system (were we tracking Elk?  Bear?)

After that we went to our starting point and it was off to the races for 7
hours!

We ended up with our best score since 2003 when we had around 150K points.

All in all, a fun time!

See you all in WPX next weekend!

Scott NE9U