[3830] WPX SSB N2WN SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N2WN SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:29:23 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: grainger county
Operating Time (hrs): 27.31

------------
  160:   12
   80:   75
   40:  114
   20:  186
   15:   64
   10:    0
------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

The low bands were noisy all weekend, but productive. I'm really amazed at what
can be done with QRP. vk7re was worked Long Path on the first call on 20M. I
had a harder time with Ohio on 80, than working Africa, go figure. There were
periods of rapid propagation changes. The trans equatorial one late Saturday
afternoon was impressive. Not much happening when I checked 160. 10 was active,
but no one heard me when I dropped by. I heard some EU calling SA from time to
time, but never heard any of the "big" stations running. Africa and SA were
solid at times. So it was a decent workout from top to bottom. I hadn't planned
much of an effort, but some how got hooked and played longer tan expected. My
throat was raw, ears hurt and wound up with a headache, but had fun. Weird
huh?

Heavy storm activity and winds before and after made for a decent weekend to
stay inside a bit ;o)

Only problem I would like to figure out is why my "two" in N2WN sounds like a
"zero", or maybe it's my hearing... Thanks for all the patience.

Too, I heard many people explaining the exchange to non-contesters. Really
taking some time out to do this, that was way more frequent than any frequency
fight stuff.

There's not enough room on 20 either...

Cheers and see ya in the next 'test!

73,
Julius

N2WN

Tennessee Contest Group
http://www.k4ro.net/tcg/index.html

Tennessee QSO Party: Sunday, 6 Sept 2009
http://www.tnqp.org/

Elecraft K2/100 #4455
Elecraft K3/100 #366