[3830] WPX SSB W7VJ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W7VJ M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:15:02 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W7VJ
Operator(s): K0PJ, W7VJ
Station: W7VJ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 17.75

------------
  160:    0
   80:   86
   40:  487
   20:  734
   15:   25
   10:    0
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

First, a major thank you to K0PJ who operated for 12 hours with one short break.
 The score is a reflection of his hard work, as I only supplemented his time.
This was to be a "fun" effort.  No pressure (yeah, right).  One rig only; no
second station.  Killer work week made operating on Friday tough, and night
time operating a concept only.

Conditions typically challenging for the Pacific Northwest.  When I started the
Contest, it is as if the antennas were working suboptimally.  No significant
runs, a dearth of JA and Asia, and just could not seem to get a rythm going.
Saturday morenig local it was clear that conditions were down.  Run EU?  Not a
chance.  Even tier I stations kept asking for repeats.  Is this supposed to be
"fun?"  Truly, SSB contests are challenging when we are all on 20 at the same
time.  No 15.

Finally on Sunday, things improved.  A little run to EU and some SA and east
coast on 15, though nothing runnable. After that, back to my professional work
to complete a project due this week.  Contesting and working are opposites...

Having Greg operate and having some fun activity made it all worth while.  W7VJ
will be back for the CW with a serious M/S effort.  Thanks to those who worked
us and particularly to those who we hard copies.  73 to all, and
congratulations to those of you who hung in to get top scores.