[3830] WPX SSB KT6YL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt6yl@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KT6YL SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:50:43 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KT6YL
Operator(s): KT6YL
Station: KT6YL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Manteca, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
  160:
   80:   17
   40:   28
   20:  851
   15:   11
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well this was the most fun contesting I had in a very long time . Ever since I
left Belgium and was part of the OTxA team, I missed the contest feeling I use
to have, the adrenaline pumping, the itchy feeling when the big contest was
around the corner. Never the less it was not a full effort because 1 station
two hams in one household that both like to contest, so we could not decide
who's call to use, his or mine(KG6D or KT6YL) and the whole reason that I took
this call sign (KT6YL) was with WPX in mind. So we decided that each would use
our own callsign and alternate operating time. However we did only day time
operating very little on 40 and 80 (shack is next to the bedroom) Hard to sleep
when someone is yelling " U ARE 59 xxx WHAT's MY NUMBER, AGN AGN PLEASE" ;-) I
had 16 hours of fun, some frustration now and then, but overall I had a ball,
especially the last 2 hours of my shift on Sunday afternoon when I had
practically a constant run, so much so that I never even made it to 15 meters.
Kevin took back over for the last two hours of the contest, and he stayed on
the same frequency I was on and also he had a constant good run going. Anyway,
I am happy , I am satisfied about my results and I really enjoyed myself
'playing radio'  Again as always, thanks for all the Q's and CU next time!!
Very best 73 es 88s de KT6YL/ON4CAT