[3830] WPX SSB K7ZS M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K7ZS M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:04:07 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZS
Operator(s): K7ZS,W7ZB,KD7MSC,AD7XZ,K7YDL
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 30.5

------------
  160:   18
   80:   67
   40:  371
   20: 1003
   15:   75
   10:    0
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Mark W7ZB, Sean KD7MSC, Joe AD7XZ and Greg K7YDL for joining me
for my first ever Multi-One effort here.  As expected, lots more to this class
than merely having a 2nd radio and 2nd tower!
We didn't operate all 48, and as a result we definitely missed some good
opportunities to improve the final score, but we did get through without any
broken gear, or phone calls from the neighbors, and of course we got some
sleep!
To summarize, a good learning experience, and I now have a much longer
checklist of 'things to do' to the station.
Hats off to some incredible scores for the bottom of the cycle, placing the bar
ever higher for the rest of us!  We sure will be glad when we get a few sunspots
to expand the usable daytime bands here in the Pacific NW.

The station here consists of 2 towers, a 4 Element SteppIR @ 90', a HyGain
TH6DXX @ 72', a Force 12 Shorty Forty @ 100' and my new W6NL inspired 40 meter
Moxon built by Brad K7ZSD @ 85'.  Radios by Icom, 756's and this weekend the
amplifiers were Alphas.