[3830] WPX SSB P33W M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB P33W M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:26:30 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: P33W
Operator(s): RN3QO, RW4WR, RX3DCX, RA3AUU
Station: P33W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Cyprus
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   58
   80:  501
   40: 1253
   20: 3139
   15:  600
   10:    1
------------

Club:

Comments:

It was DX-pedition style contest operation again when we had to build a whole
station from the very beginning. We actually did it a week ago for RDXC with
other operators team of RD3MA and RA6LBS and just improved it for WPX.

We've never seen such weather in Cyprus with low temperatures, heavy rains and
very heavy winds, so it was not an easy task for antennas to survive during the
contest. We had both 40 and 80m major antennas broken in teh middle of second
night, so it reduced our score a bit.

It was surprising to see very poor 15m and 80m conditions wich we really
counted on. Anyway, we managed to use number of new technical features which
improved made our score bigger than it could be.

73s, Harry RA3AUU