[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 05:05:02 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - April 3

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   80:  20     16
   40:  16      9
   20:   1      1
-------------------
Total:  37     26  Total Score = 962

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, 88' CF zepp at 45'; 40M dipole at 40'; 80M inverted vee, apex at
50'.  First QSO in a NCCC event on 20M since the fall.  Only CA stations heard
on 20M.  40M was long almost from the beginning.  First QSO was with a loud
K9MMS in IL and then skip was too long for IL, IN, MI, all of the 4th call area
and the eastern part of the 5th call call area.  Also didn't hear the PA
stations on 40.  Thunderstorms were in the area as a front went through, but
QRN wasn't too bad.  80M seemed pretty good with QSOs with N6ZFO and W7OM.  On
all bands, I got beat many times.  I think this was reflective of more
activity.  Welcome to all newcomers and old returnees, especially Don, W4OC, in
SC.  Let's talk it up and get even more activity, since only the top nine scores
can be counted and new stations can easily start a few weeks late and still have
a chance to win.  I'd like to acknowledge a debt to Jim Funk, N9JF.  Jim read my
post after the OK QSO Party a few weeks ago that I needed only one county in OK,
Grady, for all time.  He had occasion to go through that county last night on an
emergency repair call and called NM2L, who found my cell phone number.  Jim
called at 0220Z and said he would be in Grady County by 0240Z and we made a
sked.  I asked him if he would be in the county for 20 minutes and he
graciously agreed to make the sked at 0300Z so I could take part in the first
of the Ladder events for this season.  At 0300Z, I called him on 3556.5 and he
came right back to give me my last OK county!  Hope to see you all in the Ga
QSO Party, April 11-12.  KU8E and I will be mobile as W4AN/M (the SECC club
call) on April 11.  Hope to work everyone again next Thursday, if not before.
73, John, K4BAI.