[3830] NCCC Sprint W0BH LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint W0BH LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 08:26:36 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - April 10

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:  17      8
   40:  26     13
   20:
-------------------
Total:  43     21  Total Score = 903

Club:

Comments:

I attended a terrific Advanced Storm Spotters program put on by the NWS which
ran late, so made it back home with just a few minutes to spare. Thunderstorms
were still in the area (fortunately not severe here), so reconnected antennas
and power and got it all done just barely in time. I really like to mentally
prep for this contest with SNS and a few quick chats beforehand. Really missed
that this week and it showed. Also could have used the second radio this week
but didn't get that part reconnected.

Faint faint signals on 20m, so went right to 40m. Good results even though I
forgot to use receive antennas for the first 10 minutes. I went to 80 too early
and found lots of noise but kept trying for the mults. With about 5 minutes to
go, I realized why I wasn't hearing well to the northwest and southeast .. had
half rolled up a receive antenna in preparation for burning, so I was sometimes
listening to half an unterminated antenna and half a big roll of wire.

Great to hear all the activity and see all the posts. We used to work almost
everyone who posted, but that's no longer the case.  Like everyone else, I had
no luck above 43 or below about 39.  See you all again next week when we all
get another chance!

73, Bob, w0bh