[3830] GaQP KC4HW Rover Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimjohnson@alaweb.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP KC4HW Rover Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 04:41:11 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: Rover Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:     15
   20:    150
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    165       0  CW-Dig Mults = 30  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 9,900

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Well quite an interesting day.  We (my YL and I) were pretty much on schedule
arriving in Early county around 10:15AM.  Got everything working and made a few
contact and the screen went very dim!!!  Tried everything rebooted several
times, but nothing would make it right.  Finally made the decision to make the
trip back home to get another laptop.  After it was off for a half hour, I
tried it again and it came back up just fine.  But after a few minutes it went
dim again.  Thought that it might be a fan issue, so put the car's AC on and
directed it to the area on the laptop where the fan is located.  From then on,
there was no problem with the dim screen.

Unfortunately this computer's battery is dead also, so had to keep it plugged
into the 12 volts all the time, some times it would pull out and cause the
computer to power down.  Real pain.  So if you noticed that I disappeared
abruptly, then this was the reason.

Nevertheless, managed to make it to Early, Seminole, Miller, Baker, Mitchell,
Decatur, Seminole and finished in Early again.

Conditions were not to good.  Lots of noise in SW Georgia.  Did manage to work
several DX station.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs.  Hope to see everyone in a couple of weeks in
the FQP and then the first weekend in June for the Alabama QSO Party.

Jim/KC4HW
http://www.alabamaqsoparty.org