[3830] OnQP VE3FRX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjw5257@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] OnQP VE3FRX Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:53:34 -0700
                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VE3FRX
Operator(s): VE3FRX
Station: VE3FRX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Varna, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    6      6     10
   80:   86     19     52
   40:   23      6     17
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
---------------------------
Total:  115     31     79  Total Score = 16,353

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Wasn't that a Party!
No record for Huron, but beat last year by 1K without going to 20m.  Too much
gardening on Saturday afternoon.
Good conditions on 80m on Saturday PM and Sunday AM.  Too much static crashes
on 160m to dig out any weak ones, so not much effort there.  Went to 40m for
last couple of hours on Sunday after 80m dried up.  CW was miserable with a
wonky keyer that wouldn't slow down and a sticking Bencher that wouldn't
behave.  I sounded like an idiot an felt like one too!  Couldn't get a single
dash and most times got two or three.  Finally wired up a straight key for the
last few Qs on 80 and 40m.  Got to get N1MM to code for this great contest.  I
kept hitting the wrong buttons and forgot to change bands and modes, so was
always editing my log.  I know, not the program's fault...too used to N1MM.

Nice to work VA3ZW as the Muskoka station, who checked in to ONTARS on Sunday
AM.  Where was Bruce County?

Thanks to the Rovers who must have had fun with the great weather.
Thanks for all the Q's.  Log will be posted to LoTW and eQSL.
73
Jeff, VE3FRX
Near the shores of Lake Huron...