[3830] ManMin AA CW WA4PXP(@W4MQ) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ManMin AA CW WA4PXP(@W4MQ) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 18:35:46 -0700
                    Manchester Mineira All America CW Contest

Call: WA4PXP
Operator(s): WA4PXP
Station: W4MQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   80:
   40:  10      10
   20:   8       4
   15:   5       5
   10:
----------------------
Total:  23      19  Total Score = 1,311

Club:

Comments:

I was surprised at the number of/QRP stations working this Test.  They were all
very weak but they all seemed to eventually make their contacts.  I spent my
real time on 40 listening for real weak wobbly and chirpy signals.  I heard
them but they could not hear me.  Most of them were from ZP, CP, CE and LU.
That is the main reason I like this test.  There always seems to be activity
from non contestor stations, guys just getting on to give out a few points.
Also you could find some stations who are not expert cw ops which is great by
me.  I heard one ZP4 who sounded like he was using a 5 watt wobbler,  every
time he keyed his rig each character moved about 200 cycles and whistled.  I
guess I am a sucker for old time sounding DX.  Look forward to next year
again.

Jim