[3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 20:23:42 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - May 22

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:   5      3
   40:  13     11
   20:  21     17
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  39     31  Total Score = 1,209

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I was up at the vacation place on Vashon Island, WA.
Great conditions tonight for the "no dupes" test. It
seemed like every contact was a new mult - exciting!

I managed to avoid calling any dupes, and no dupes seemed to
have called me - so I had no problems with the no dupes test.
If anything, I felt like I had to pay more attention to get
the call correct and be in-sync before just calling. It
seemed closer to practicing for the actual sprint contests.
I had no problem finding more people to work, so we don't
need dupes to keep the activity up.

20m exploded at the start and held up for 21 QSOs in 15
minutes, I probably stayed here too long...

40m was crowded with folks and 13 QSOs in 9 minutes.
If I had arrived sooner, there was plenty to work on 40m.

The sun was barely below the treetops when I reluctantly
went to 80m for the last 4 minutes. I knew I needed to
go there for a couple mults, but signals were weak, and
only some local states were workable, for 5 QSOs in 4 minutes.

I stayed above 1,000 for the third week in a row - so maybe
I'm getting the hang of this... Thanks for the FUN!

NN7SS (K6UFO) Burt WA

80m: Half-sloper from 47ft.
40m: Cushcraft 40-2CD yagi at 50ft
20m:  3-el Steppir at 50ft (or less)