[3830] WPX CW AA4FU SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alan@aa4fu.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW AA4FU SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 17:08:47 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: AA4FU
Operator(s): AA4FU
Station: AA4FU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 28

------------
  160:    0
   80:   67
   40:  261
   20:  338
   15:   71
   10:   21
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had some yard work to do and forgot about the time.  So missed the first hour
and was never able to make up the lost QSOs.  Spent a part of Saturday
afternoon adding a few radials to the 80m vertical.  Not sure if that helped or
if it was the lack of thunderstorms, but the 2nd evening on 80m seemed much
better.  Sunday afternoon I decided to unpack my portable Yagi and set it up on
20m on the deck.  It seemed to work well as 20m was open for me much better the
rest of the day.  At first I didn't think it was going to help and decided to
take it back down.  That's when I realized one of the legs of the hairpin match
was busted, so only feeding half the antenna.  A full size Yagi works much
better than a half size one.

73,
Alan