[3830] WPX CW ZL2IFB SO(A)SB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ZL2IFB SO(A)SB10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 17:25:10 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ZL2IFB
Operator(s): ZL2IFB
Station: ZL2IFB

Class: SO(A)SB10 HP
QTH: Hawkes Bay
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  69
------------

Club: Chiltern DX Club CDXC

Comments:

10m condx have been up and down the past month so finding the band quite lively
at the start I took a gamble on doing a single-band entry.  After a reasonable
opening run, it just faded away and after the first four hours I only made 3
further QSOs for the remainder of the contest.  HP1RIS was a welcome multiplier
and I was impressed to work UZ2M, one of two Ukrainians heard but the only one
to hear me.  P43something came up briefly (sporadic-E or aircraft/meteor
scatter perhaps?) but disappeared before I could grab the key.  Thanks to those
stations who evidently only came on to work me.  It would have been even more
soul destroying without you.

Kit: K3, LK550 amp running 500W to a 3 ele tribander at just 14m AGL but on a
260m hilltop site.

73
Gary  ZL2iFB  www.G4iFB.com