[3830] WPX CW KM7W(@K7RAT) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KM7W(@K7RAT) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 17:44:02 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KM7W
Operator(s): 36
Station: K7RAT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Boring, OR
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    2
   80:  114
   40:  931
   20: 1213
   15:  152
   10:   13
------------

Club: Boring ARC

Comments:

This is my 40 meter beam's fault.  I fixed up the match really nice with a new
split driven element and just had to use it in a contest.  Figured 40 was too
noisy for a single-band effort, so got motivated to do my first serious
single-op in this contest.

Put up a wire quad for 40 pointing east and built a stack-match for it and the
beam and that worked out very well with the beam on Asia after midnight.

Need to do some work like that on 15 and 10 before the sunspots come back.

Many thanks to KL9A for the use of the call.