[3830] WPX CW WC1M SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wc1m73@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WC1M SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 17:49:00 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WC1M
Operator(s): WC1M
Station: WC1M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    1
   80:   24
   40:  948
   20: 1922
   15:  123
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow. What was that???

My personal best by a wide margin: over a million points higher than my score
at KT1V in 2006, and almost 800K higher than K5ZD's record-setting claimed
score in 2005. But it's not enough to win! Congrats to Alex on setting a new
record. He said it all: something definitely broke loose. Never, ever heard so
many prefixes. Amazing participation. Was this a one-year phenomenon, or an
indication of things to come?

Mults rule in WPX: Even though I had 305 fewer QSOs, I beat Alex by 110 QSO
points, no doubt by working more 3- and 6-pointers. But 35 mults more than made
up for the difference (they're worth close to 10K each.) I suspect 15 was the
place where I lost the mult battle. Not my station's best band, at least at the
bottom of the cycle.

Really wanted to break 10,000 QSO points (had 9682) because Writelog only has
room for four digits in its display and I wanted to see what would happen!

I might do a writeup after recovery. Lots to tell. Too tired now.

73, Dick WC1M