[3830] WPX CW NO5W SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NO5W SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 18:40:34 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The 2009 WPX-CW found my XYL and me in transit with a flight from Boston to New
Orleans on Saturday followed by a drive from New Orleans to Houston on Sunday.
We had planned to operate some on Saturday evening from the mobile but the call
of a New Orleans seafood dinner won out. So we didn't get on the air until about
midway between New Orleans and Houston on Sunday morning when I turned the
driving over to the XYL. Once I moved into the passenger seat and got the
mobile setup, I managed to break a pileup on an ES9 followed shortly afterward
with an OG9 -- this was going to be fun!

While in the mobile we mostly did S&P until arriving back in Houston around
2000Z when we put the "big station" (3 wires at 25 ft) on the air and worked
the contest until around 2100Z when it was time for a Tex-Mex break. Finally we
got back to the contest at around 2230Z.

About a third of the contacts were from the mobile -- all of them on 20M which
seemed to be in good shape. So it was definitely a part time effort but a lot
of fun and interesting to see how the mobile would fare.

73 es thanks for the Qs,

Chuck/NO5W