[3830] WPX CW NC4KW(N1LN) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NC4KW(N1LN) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 19:03:40 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NC4KW
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  333
   20:  554
   15:  113
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First I couldn't get enough operators together to get the multi-op entry going.
Then family events started to get scheduled all across the contest weekend.  So
I decided that some time on the air would be better than no time.  To keep me
motivated I set some goals that I thought with the available time would be
attainable but not easy.  Goal 1 was to make 1M points.  Goal 2 was to log 1000
Qs.  The Q rates were quite good, so I probably should have set the bar higher.
By 20:00 UTC on Sunday I had made them both.  Time again to shut down the sation
and head off to another commitment.

>From my QTH the bands that I operated sounded in good shape.  My best rate was
on Friday evening on 40 before the first storm with rates hitting above 180.
Great to have the beverage antennas.  Even 15 meters was good on Sunday
morning, but had to cut that short when the third thunder storm came through.
Storms stopped 40 on Friday night, 40 on Sunday morning and 15 on Sunday
morning.   I am expecting to see some real big scores.

73,
Bruce - N1LN
(aka: NC4KW)