[3830] WPX CW NN4GG SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, halken@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NN4GG SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 19:08:42 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: NN4GG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 11:33
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   34
   40:  277
   20:  606
   15:  138
   10:   14
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Had planned a full 36 hour effort but it turned into an odd weekend.  Biggest
mistake was going out front an hour before the start and having the neighbors
invited us to a Sat night party.  Oh well. That put the pressure on Friday
night to make a half decent score.  40 is the big point band here in any
contest and the first night QRN here in the SE US was just impossible for
running.  Short runs produced three level deep piles from EU (like always) -
but I was a total alligator and could only work the strong guys, so I put the
run radio on 20 and S&P'd the strong guys on 40.  Great way to kill the score
as 20 was producing 120/hr but almost all 1 point stateside.  After 0400 20
opened nicely to JA and just about everywhere, but its still a low points band
and the QRN on 40 and 80 were just awful.  160 was useless.  I went QRT at 1M
points at 0230 local.  VERY late Sat night, at the end of all the partying, I
flipped on the rig and the QRN on 40 and 80 was as bad or worse than the night
before and I was several beers into the evening, so off to bed again without
any Qs.
Its a great contest, particularly for SO2R, but this one turned into just a
"for fun" exercise in the end.  Once again, a lot of guys wanted to put N4GG
into their logs and I patiently corrected as many as I could.  Using a "mult
attracting" call that's just like your regular call seemed like a good idea two
years ago - its not.

2X FT-1000MP+INRAD+mods, ACOM 2000A, Writelog, HB SO2R, Wires in the woods.
GG