[3830] WPX CW KQ6ES SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kq6es@roadrunner.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KQ6ES SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 21:47:01 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KQ6ES
Operator(s): KQ6ES
Station: KQ6ES

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    1
   80:    3
   40:  104
   20:  197
   15:   74
   10:   13
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I wasn't ready for a big effort, so I pretty much ignored everything I was told
to do at Contest University and spent the whole contest with one eye and ear on
the TV or the internet. This was probably the worst points per Q I've ever had
in a WPX but I worked enough DX and came close enough to my goal to be happy. I
worked only only one JA in the contest, and if he hadn't answered my CQ it would
have been none. I didn't have the energy or inclination to battle on 80m or to
get up early enough to boost the 40m totals. As usual, cat Jade put me in the
"single operator interfered with" category. My new Inrad roofing filter did a
good job, allowing me to hear and work stations much closer to a strong signal.
I'm very pleased with it. John kq6es

FT-1000MP with 3-el tribander at 20 feet and Butternut vertical