[3830] WPX CW OL0W(@OL7R) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OL0W(@OL7R) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 05:53:18 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OL0W
Operator(s): OK1DSZ,OK1WMV,OK1VWK
Station: OL7R

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Stribro
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   30
   80:  740
   40: 1395
   20: 2165
   15:  800
   10:  235
------------

Club:

Comments:

Big decision to be or not to be in this contest as M/2. A few hours before
contest Vendy called me by mobil phone and said me he had traffic accident. His
car is totaly broken, but he and TRX is OK :-)

We decided to go contest despite of situation, Mr. Murphy, bad weather etc. So
we had 3 workplaces and 3 operators. It was on the top of our human capacity.
The score is total satisfaction to next time for our thinking about it. Again
probably achived new oficial Czech multi overall record. We stayed "only" 2Mega
points below last year ES9C oficial EU M/2 record.

Anyway - broken rotor problem on 20m antenna has been fixed in the last hour
before contest. We had troubles also with main PA on 20m Saturday evening.
Probably capacitor destruction in output Pi network. Fixed after 2 hours.

Propagation conditions on 20m were solid in all time. Sunday little bit more
short-skip Es activity on 15 and 10m band. Also thanks to JA4CUU, YE1ZAT,
BD4ALC and 7P8A for points on 80m Sunday evening.

The setup:
-----------
Work place 1(20m):
main operator - Zdeno OK1DSZ
FT1000MP
PPAs 2xRE400+2xSRS457
5el. OWA at 20m
2el. HB9CV at 20m
phased and crossed dipoles at 7m

Work place 2(40/10m)
main operator - Vaclav OK1WMV
FT1000MP
PPAs Alpha 91+4xGU50
(40m) 4el. KLM at 23m
(40m) 1/4wave vertical
(10m) 5el. at 8m
(10m) 5el. at 14m
(10m) 6el. at 25m

Worplace 3(80/15+160m)
main operator - Milan OK1VWK
FT1000MP
PPAs OM3k5+AL800HX
RX 4sq K9AY loops
(160m) 3x 1/4wave slopers
(80m) dipole at 24m
(15m) 6el OWA at 25m
(15m) 3el at 15m - fixed to NE
(15m) 5el at 12m - fixed to SW
(15m) 1/4wave vertical at 7m

Special thanks to:
Tom OK1IC for lending his FT1000MP
Zdeno OK3RM for help in 20m PPA service during contest
Daniel OK1HRA for Skimmer CLX and short visit and help in operation on 20/40m
during contest.

Thanks to all who called and CU in next time ...

GL de Milan OK1VWK on behalf of OL0W/OL7R team