[3830] WPX CW NZ1U(@KB1H) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NZ1U(@KB1H) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 12:18:44 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NZ1U
Operator(s): W1UJ KB1NRB KB1H
Station: KB1H

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 46

------------
  160:    0
   80:  199
   40:  639
   20: 1797
   15:  434
   10:  137
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What a weekend! I had asked the crew if we wanted to do a "serious"
effort but the response was almost nil. W1UJ and KB1NRB said they
would operate as much as possible.

W1UJ has become an excellent operator! Tutored by K1EBY and NB1U, W1UJ
has developed contest skills as fast as anyone has here at KB1H. His
progress brings back memories of N1XS when he developed his skills here.
W1UJ made almost 60-70% of the QSOs and earned the "Iron Pants" award
for seat time in this contest.

KB1NRB is a new operator who just learned the code in February. Making
almost 300 QSOs Allan increased his code speed about 300% this past weekend.
I am sure he apologizes to and thanks everyone for their patience and QRS
QSOs.

I am sure with one or two more of our regulars we would have pushed our
score much higher. There was only a few hours where we had two stations
running and both producing 100+ hours. Great run of JAs Sunday morning!
Better yet the run including Europe on 10M Saturday morning!

Look for us as KB1DFB in the VHF contest in a few weeks and then on to
IARU. Hopefully we can get our repairs and new antenna work completed
soon.

73 and Thanks again for the QSOs. - Dick KB1H