[3830] WPX CW WN6K SOAB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WN6K SOAB(TS) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 22:45:09 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  244
   20:  590
   15:  193
   10:   15
------------
Total: 1042  Prefixes = 433  Total Score = 943,940

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Friday start was so so.

Saturday picked up with a vengence so I thought not bad.  Decided that with my
time left I was going to plunge in all the way. Score was piling up well and a
million points looked possible.

Sunday morning after a small break, back to the 'high' bands only to find them
noisey, sporadic and overall very disappointing.  With a goal of finding mults
total reach 500 I kept trying to chase the bands for the precious few but with
limited finds.  I parked on 20, got chased up the band continuously as the poor
conditions on 15 and 10 forced everyone there and it only got worse.

When MicroHam keyer or Writelog (or both) acted up 3 times in an hour, I threw
in the proverbial towel.

It was fun while it lasted.

Most fun moment was getting called by good friend SD4OJZ (Jan-SM5DJZ) in the
midst of a northern EU opening on 20 on Friday evening and spent a few seconds
exchanging 'real greetings' other than the 5NN-nr.

73 - WN6K, Paul