[3830] WPX CW M6T(@G0KPW) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jiriculak@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW M6T(@G0KPW) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 03:30:37 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G0OPB,M0ITY,G0WWW,G4TSH,OK1ZH,G4PIQ
Station: G0KPW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Saxmundham
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   33
   80:  470
   40:  950
   20: 1847
   15:  364
   10:  110
------------

Club: CDXC

Comments:

Quite an event.
Still didn't know by late friday who will come up and we knew we won't be able
to put up super competitive station. Tony OPB and myself arrived on friday
mid-day and started to  build station and already came across few issues.Tony
already spent last weekend working hard on various tasks at station with us.
One vertical of four square had to come down and be looked at and main 20m beam
stopped working while at 100ft. So when we picked up Marios at Lada OK1ZH at
station we still needed to fix 20m and lift 15m up.
Condx were not best and Tony and Stavros kicked off on 40m and mainly ran
there. I took over with Lada about 5'ish in the morning for couple of hours and
then went out and get 20m going to full height and 15m up. Also beverage to NA
needed bit of attention and by mid day we had all bands apart from 10m QRV. We
decided we will use TH5 for 10m. Rate's were good and 40 and 20 seemed to be
main go bands with some brief openings on 10 and 15. 80m didn't yell what
expected and we didn't even try running on 160m. It might have been good idea
to try M/2 for this particular contest and me in next event we will go that
way. Anyway, it was good fun and it brought us again closer to be more
competitive. Also I took it as good experience as I never did any CW Contesting
on HF seriously.
The usual Thanks goes to Bob for lettings us have a go and for support. Also
big Thanks goes to Marios, Lada and Justin and last but no least thanks goes to
Andy G4PIQ for coming along on Sunday night to finish last 5-6 hours showing us
that fresh and skilled operator can squeeze some good rates.
I hope everybody had a good time and congrats to E7DX guys for good show.

Equippment:
FT1000MP x 2 / Alpha 87
10m - TH5
15m - 5el mono@90ft or TH5
20m - 4el mono@80ft or TH5
40m - 2el@100ft
80m - 4 SQ / NA bever.
160m - 33m vertical+ T load or Inv V@100ft + K9AY RX

Thanks a lot for all QSOs and will be back soon.
Jiri M0ITY