[3830] WPX CW N8BJQ SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sbolia@woh.rr.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N8BJQ SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 19:06:59 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N8BJQ
Operator(s): N8BJQ
Station: N8BJQ

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: OHIO
Operating Time (hrs): 32

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1355
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: SWODXA

Comments:

Lots of activity.  It seemed EU just kept coming.  Nice to work some JA's and
lots of UA9's and UA0's.

My first 20M effort in many years.  Not my favorite band.  My 40 was dead so
had few options.  Got all I could out of the C3 stack.

Got to test drive one of the Dishtronix DX2400L solid state amps for this one.
I was told to try and break it but try as hard as I could I could not kill it. A
couple of software gliches which were easily recovered from. I got in 32 hrs and
had some decent rates for OH and the amp kept running.  This thing has an SO2R
option (not installed on this one) module so you can make one amp work with two
radios.  An interesting concept.

New antennas went up the day after the contest thanks to KC1XX and crew.  I may
not be any louder but it looks better.  Now if I can only get home to use them.