[3830] ANARTS KE1HA SOST HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ke1ha@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ANARTS KE1HA SOST HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 20:10:21 -0700
                    ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: KE1HA
Operator(s): KE1HA
Station: KE1HA

Class: SOST HP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs): 27

   80:
   40:   67  1154    26
   20:  331  3508    25
   15:    4    26     2
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  402  4699    53  Continents = 6  Total Score = 2,678,460

Club:

Comments:

1st full RTTY contest, think I'll be back :-)

Ran the entire contest from a 20M Half-Square 1.5m off the ground. 25 Dollars
for PVC, Wire an 2 Trees, the trees were free actually :-). I'm glad you all
have good ears !!!! :-)

Friday Evening / Saturday morning local (Saturday 0000Z to 1400Z) was a real
treat, things seemed to be going well both on 20 & 40, but Sunday, for the same
time period, it was like somebody turned off the propogation switch. I only
worked a few stations on 40M's the second night/morning. I don't know if it was
due to conditions or there just weren't many operators.

Having said that, I did hear OH8A, ZM2B, ZL1BYZ and a few others like 59+
beacons throughout the contest. Whenever I heard a really loud station, or when
nobody else seemed to be on the band and I tunned in an isolated signal, chances
were it was one of them.

I did manage to make (25) Zone 29 & 30 contacts, (5) in ZN-29 and (18) in
ZN-30, TNX Guys. I also worked my first S. African RTTY station (ZS2Y), was
very happy about that !! Also got in on the CN8KD action, thanks for being
there. Also had the pleasure of working VK2CTD, Thanks Colin !! ( I hope I got
our exchange right HI HI ), I even worked my buddy Ray in Easterm MT ( AD7MQ )
20M, TNX Ray, needed that one. There were allot (too many to list) of other
Great DX staions I was also happy to work, thanks for joining in.

Only one complaint, but not about the contest, I wish I had a descent contest
station to work from. I believe I could have easily doubled my number of
contacts, but need directivity and gain ( as if that's anything new :-)  )

Logs will be uploaded to LoTW & eQSL for those needing/wanting Montana. If you
want a QSL card, just drop me one in the mail (good at QRZ.COM) and I will get
one straight back to you.

Thanks to all those at ANARTS and Sponcers for putting on the event, I look
foward to doing it again next year (I think you should have 2x events per
year).

Next stop for me is the IARU CW test, see ya there. (Hopefully I will have a
netter Antenna System by then :-) ).

73's
Greg - KE1HA
Helena, Montana