[3830] ARRL June VHF W4DTA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, eromagni@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W4DTA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 02:51:48 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  565   165  Total Score = 93,225

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Wow,  I got on the contest just to operate part time, and ended up putting about
6 ½ hours of
        operating time (at least according to N1MM report). I was lucky enough
catch two big
        Openings that kept the rate clock in the 300 range. I was not able to
get to
my aim score of 100k points.

        This contest was a way to fully test the new Icom 7600, which it
sure performed as
        expected, the 6 meter propagation also favored us this year, with a
great
opening early on
        Saturday that lasted about 4 hours, just to be interrupted by the
typical
South Florida
        afternoon Summer thunderstorms â?? which happened right at the peak of
an
amazing pileup rate, and
        kept me off the air for about 2 hours.

        At one point on Saturday, we had openings to the east coast all the way
to the
mid west,
        and to the Caribbean and to South America. On Sunday I still manage
to operate between
        Church and other Family obligations, until the bad pretty much die down
on
us.

        Picked a few new grids, and states for my 6mts WAS which now is just
missing 6
states,
        it sure looks like the Magic Band is back for the summer.