[3830] ARRL June VHF W0ZQ/R Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W0ZQ/R Rover HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 06:37:05 -0700

  3.4:   10     1
  5.7:   10     1
  10G:   15     3
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  275    77  Total Score = 46,704

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

Fun contest.  Was out most of the day on Sat in EN44/43/33/34, then just part of
the day on Sunday to EN35/25/24, handing out grids to the locals and hopefully a
few rare ones on 6m.  For me, I use the June contest to check-out the UHF & uW
stuff for the August contest, and, to simply have some fun.  10 of my 275 Q's
were with other rovers - 7 of those at close range.  Most fun contact were a
few RS contacts on 10gig and a few of the longer haul 902/1296 contacts - 902
works very well.  Also fun working some 6m CW while on the move - really nice
to see increased 6m CW activity - as a rover, knowing that my 6m signal is
weak, I do scan the CW segment when the band is open and hope to reward those
who call CQ there with a rare grid or two !   73, W0ZQ/R