[3830] ARRL June VHF KA3ZLS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, peightalhead@msn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KA3ZLS Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:05:47 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  399   155  Total Score = 76,570

Club:

Comments:

I had alot of fun as usual.  I managed to score my all time best.  It was good
to here all the normal voices plus some new voices.  Six meters was real good
on Saturday and ok on Sunday.  I had to play catch up on the higher bands
Saturday night and all day Sunday due to spending alot of time on six.  I also
added 903 and 2304mhz since January but didn't make alot of contacts on those
bands.  I still need to do some tweeking to get those two bands up to 100%
operational.  I also finally integrated CW into my station which definitly
helped me out on several Q's that would of never happened on SSB.  The new 2
meter KW and mast mount preamp also helped me out alot also.  Didn't see to
much activity on the digital modes around but did work W3CCX on 6 meter FSK441.
 No equipment failures to report thank goodness.  Highlights was working VP9 on
six.  Negatives was of course the noise level on 2 and 6 meters.  Best DX above
six meters was FN03 & FN04 to the north, FM16 & EM96 to the south and southwest.
 Again thanks to all the rovers for getting out there and hope to hear everyone
in September.

                                                       73, Chris, KA3ZLS