[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:59:34 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - June 19

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:   2      1
   40:  12     10
   20:  30     16
-------------------
Total:  44     27  Total Score = 1,188

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

On top of everything else that shat the bed tonight, my ISP wireless service
went down so will try to this post via dialup in a few minutes.  After a brief
show on the post-NS Net, I decided to lick my wounds by flaking out on the
couch and watching a movie, so it's almost Midnight now local time.

Sorry to hear about the Murphy strikes at K1GU, but glad things were not worse,
Ned.  That nasty Mr. Murphy seems to be hitting us NS'ers lately.

Except for a few glitches, things were cooking here with about 30 Q's in the
first 15 minutes, and then remote control went belly up just as W9RE and I
started a QSO.  Sorry, Mike.  If you folks ever hear my disappear or long
moments of silence, you'll know I'm immersed in [explicative deleted] technical
difficulties.

It was all downhill from 0246 on.  TR4W refused to log QSOs and I kept getting
an error window.  So I hobbled along with more problems trying to send CW from
the keyboard and using a semi-DanWAHHH method with a pen and some Post-It note
pages that I grabbed.   Lost several minutes screwing around with TR4W, and was
so thrown off by the events that I wanted to just hang it up.  Being a good NS
Mascochist, I kept at it but duped one QSO serial number in the process.  Start
the final QSO with W4NJK at 5 seconds before 0300.

Nice to see Bud/VA7ST again, but haven't heard Chris/VA3NR in a long time.

I continue to dream about glitch free, non-QLF remote contesting in the NS
{SIGH}.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults & patience...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust