[3830] ARRL FD KE1HA 1E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ke1ha@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD KE1HA 1E LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 15:12:24 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  156     0      187  Total Score = 1,372

Club:

Comments:

First Full Field Day with 100% Emergency Power.

I tried to split my time on between Digital & CW, as they would be my preferred
choices of communication in an emergency situation, particularly if power was a
prime consideration. I only made a few PSK contacts, about 20 or so, in the
last hour on Sunday.

I missed a 8 sections (RI, NH, WY, DE, VI, PR, NL & NWT). I don't know if it
was conditions, or just not in the right place at the right time. Typically, I
dont' have trouble with most of them apart from RI & DE.

We installed a home emergency power system last fall, and this was the first
oppertunity we had to test it for any length of time. The othe half was not too
happy about haveing selected loads isolated, but over all things went well. I do
have an electrial nosie issue that needs to be resolved, but from a load
standpoint, it held up well. Next year I'm going to have a solar system setup,
so that should be good fun.

The score (give or take a dupe or two) was secondary for me, needs the
following added to be accurate:

50pts - Web Submission
100pts - ARRL Message
100pts - 100% Emeergency power

Total: 1,622 pts

Station:
Rig: FT-2000/D Set Internally to 100W
RTTY: FSK
CW: WinKey v2
Interface: US Interface, Navigator
Ant-1: 40m Dipole Thrown up in the trees ~ 30'
Ant-2: 20M Portable Vertical
Tunner: Used the Rig's Internal Tunner.
Computer: ASUS A6V
SW: N1MM for Logging, MMTTY FSK, MMVARI PSK

Had Fun, and look forward to doing this again next year

73's
Greg, KE1HA
Helena, MT.