[3830] ARRL FD W0UA(@W0DLE) 1E HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W0UA(@W0DLE) 1E HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:57:20 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1551   1505     0  Total Score = 4,807

Club:

Comments:

TOTAL QSO'S = 3057

Observing our long-standing tradition, W0DLE (Chuck),WB0GAZ (Dave) and myself
took to the hills again this year. This time were at DLE's new contest-site
near Como, CO at 9500 feet ASL. We decided beforehand to opt for high-power &
try for 3000 Q's. We managed to smoke (it really emitted smoke) one of Chuck's
Ten Tec Omnis, but the Orion II manned-up & took us through.  The low-bands
were as noisy as we've come to expect, but 40 was lively & productive on both
modes.
Chuck, DLE, was the consummate host, providing us with great food, the steak
and salad Saturday night was sublime. The quarters in the ECS (Executive
Contest Suite) were tidy & most comfortable...not that anyone slept, of course.
Drop the back-door on the auto-hauler trailer & you are virtually outside, just
operating along while drinking-in a dramatic panorama of mountains; the effect
is breathtaking.
  With about 1 hour left we were a little more than 150 down from 3000 QSO's.
This called for a little "leg-kick" with high-rate Phone & 15 Meters delivered
big-time with a very nice sprint to the finish.
  Big thanks to W0DLE for hosting us & making all that fun possible, and to
Dave, WB0GAZ who plugged-in with his usual FB operating. And thanks, everyone
for all the QSO's, hope you had fun, too!

For Chuck & Dave, 73,                   Power: 5.4 KW Gas Generator
                                        Rigs: Ten Tec Omni, Ten Tec Orion II
Geo  W0UA                               Amps: Ten Tec Centurion, Alpha 78

                                        Antennas: (80) 18HT Vert / IV @75'
                                                  (40) 18HT Vert / 2el @ 80'
                                                  (20/15/10) 3-over-3 stack
                                                  SteppIR 3 El Yagis @ 80/40'