[3830] ARRL FD N7MQ 3A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mperrin@ordata.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N7MQ 3A LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:37:34 -0700
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: N7MQ
Operator(s): KE7PGO, K7EB, AC7NH, W7CN, W7MJJ, K3DUW, W8IEB, N7QU, WJ7R, N7MQ
Station: N7MQ

Class: 3A LP
QTH: Jasper, OR CN84na
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:  121     83
   40:  155    401     49
   20:  148    151     20
   15:   31    101
   10:          11
    6:          19
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  455    766     69  Total Score = 1,814

Club:

Comments:

We are the DX and Contesting Special Interest Group of the Valley Radio Club of
Eugene, Oregon.  As is our practice, we find a field location, and go out, with
the goal of having fun but also making some Q's.  For the second year in a row,
we set up adjacent to a Christmas tree farm on a ridge in eastern Lane County,
at CN84na.

Our antennas were a two element Moxon for 6 at on a 33 ft mast, a SteppIR Big
Vert, a multi-band dipole on another mast, and a ground mounted two element end
fire vertical array on 20.

For radios we had two TS 570's, an IC 7000 and IC 706.  Our power was from a
Honda 1000 and a Honda 2000i.  Computers used WriteLog in networked
configuration.

This was a first time event for some of our group, and repeat for others.  The
skill level ranges from casual op to beginning contester to hard core rate
junkies.

6 meters was sparkling on Friday, working into the east coast.  Of course, poor
on FD itself.  10 opened a bit, 15 better, and other bands good, tho 40 was our
money band.

Great meals.  Friday night by Paul W8IEB with huge meat balls and pasta;
barbecue chicken on Saturday night by Rich KE7PGO, and a breakfast burrito run
on Sunday morning, also by Rich.

Great outing and fun for all.

Mark N7MQ