[3830] RAC Day VE3RCN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE3RCN SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 19:59:44 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE3RCN
Operator(s): VE3RCN
Station: VE3RCN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Welland, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  161    242      30        31  Total Score = 195,078

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Spent just over 2 more hours this year than last...and more than doubled the
score. Some calls I had to delete, they took off before I could get a final
roger out of them to confirm a good contact. Was going to stop at the 11th
hour, but decided to do one last hour. Picked up an extra 28 qsos and an extra
17724 points. Picked up VY2RU for an extra mult with 4 seconds left to go. I
almost jagged in the contest one hour into it with a computer crash that just
would not re-boot. Lost an hour of prime time there. I listened to VA1CHP talk
about his old job and his NS call sign. Seems like I heard CHP in there all 12
hours. It was also neat to slide up the band 2 kc from doing a run for a while
and find VE7RCN conducting a run. I will be using CF3NAVY for a call sign next
year. That should prove to be a killer on CW. I may run phone only. Will try to
do 24 hours next year. Thanks to all that worked me. Kevin VE3RCN(Royal Canadian
Navy)