[3830] IARU W4IX SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jrcccd@aol.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W4IX SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 05:18:03 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:    1      0      1       0
   80:  103      6      7       8
   40:  336     80     24      40
   20:  112     34     20      27
   15:   43     15     10       6
   10:   80     15      8       4
-------------------------------------
Total:  675    150     70      85  Total Score = 312,325

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Definitely not the best condx for using a single dipole with a tuner for 160-15,
had a 5 element yagi up for 10 meters for the little prop that was there, did
get 1 EU  (IU9HQ), P40HQ ans surprisingly, 2 KL&'s ( NL7Z & W1AW/KL7 ). 15 and
20 were almost impossible from the start of the contest till almost near
sunset, then guys were workable, the biggest surprise for me was the condx on
40 meters where I actually held a run freq with my 100w and a simple dipole,
wrkd almost 200 q's in 2.5 hrs, 40 was the best band for me, 80 was ok early (
i did go there too late ) but got very noisy as the morning went on..73's to
all and tnx for the q,s..I think I will take the rest of the summer off from
radio and cant wait till the fall season. Caio  John W4IX