[3830] IARU AL9A SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al9a@mtaonline.net
Subject: [3830] IARU AL9A SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:15:54 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:    2      0      1       1
   80:   12      0      4       4
   40:  105     51     16      13
   20:  145     70     20      37
   15:   56     15      7       6
   10:    3      0      1       1
-------------------------------------
Total:  323    136     49      62  Total Score = 166,389

Club:

Comments:

My first serious effort in IARU HF Contest.  Was really surpirsed by the level
of activity for a summer contest.  The recent increase in sun spots really
helped the propagation.  This was the first time I entered a contest in the
Mixed category and I was glad I did.  SSB QSO's were difficult and I could
never get a good run going even though many EU's were loud here in AK.  The
advantage of CW over SSB was obvious and I was glad I didn't choose to run SSB
only.  That would have been sooo frustrating.  Maybe I should have done CW
only, but I know many SSB stations were happy to get the Zone 1 on phone.  All
in all a fun event.  And the timing of the date for a 24 hour contest was
excellent.  My XYL and I are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary on July
12, so it was good to get the contest in BEFORE any conflict with anniversary
plans.  Thanks IARU!