[3830] IARU WI2E SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joseph.obrien@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU WI2E SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:05:37 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

  160:   10     0       3       0
   80:   78     0      19       0
   40:  275     0      60       0
   20:  278     0      57       0
   15:   93     0      11       0
   10:   15     0       5       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  749     0     155       0  Total Score = 294,345

Club:

Comments:

Our barefoot Field Day results were encouraging, so I decided to try this one
with low power.  In short, I ended up having a great time.  The only
disappointment was losing nearly three hours to thunderstorms in the 0130Z -
0430Z window.  As has been reported, the lightning was frequent and the rain
heavy in much of central and eastern Pennsylvania, and as the line(s) of
thunderstorms approached, I almost couldn't believe how noisy 80M became; the
noise even overwhelmed the K3, which is saying something. When it was all over,
not only had I lost some prime time, but one half of my phased vertical array
was on the ground, making me an SO1R operation for the second half of the
contest. Still, the 24 hours just flew by (not as quick as the NS, but close!),
and I'm already looking forward to next year's event.  Thanks to everyone for
the QSOs.

Rig #1: K3
Rig #2: TS-940S
Antennas: 43 ft. vertical, two phased Hy-gain AV-14AVQs
Software: N1MM (advanced SO2R mode was great; didn't easily have the HQ/zone
breakout, so the zones above are inclusive of both mult types)

73,

Joe
WI2E