[3830] IARU OG1M(OH1VR) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU OG1M(OH1VR) SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 23:05:13 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: OG1M
Operator(s): OH1VR
Station: OH1VR

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Finland
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    37    -       5       21
   80:    39    -       5       21
   40:   216    -      15       26
   20:   485    -      30       36
   15:   213    -       8       30
   10:   130    -       4       18
-------------------------------------
Total:  1120    0      67      152  Total Score = 781,830

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I spent most enjoyable hours on bands: good pile up's, a lot of activity, nice
multipliers etc. My operation was limited due to some another Saturday night
activities - especially lost 15 mtrs openings to west and 80 mtrs hot hours.
Anyway a lot of fun. This was my third bigger activity with my Elecraft K3. At
least on cw it is a dream machine. It was easy to find empty freq's on loaded
bands. Unfortunately somebody was soon announcing: QRL! Those guys do not use
K3..

This was my first IARU Championship operation from home station after many
years. Usually I have operated this contest as OJ0 since early 90's.

My station:

Elecraft K3, Acom 2000a, MicroHam Station Master and MicroKeyer II, Win-test
3.27

Antennas:

Tower 1 (42 mtrs)

160: 1/4 sloper