[3830] IARU HG6N M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ha1ag@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] IARU HG6N M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:50:55 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: HG6N
Operator(s): HA1AG HA3NU HA3OV HA6ND HA6NY HA6ON
Station: HG6N

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Karancs
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    40      0     4       22
   80:    35     43    11       32
   40:   315    235    27       43
   20:   807    863    44       62
   15:   243    245    27       46
   10:   195    156    12       37
-------------------------------------
Total:  1635   1542   125      242  Total Score = 3,782,669

Club:

Comments:

IARU is one of our favourites: fast spinning high-rate contest with summer condx
full of surprises.

Before the contest HA6ND cooked a great stew from mushrooms he collected in the
forest around the stations. All the ops except me queued up for extra portions
giving me a chance for a single op entry but George was right and nobody ended
up with food poisoning.

The reason why we love IARU is that everybody can have his share of high rate
pileups and can share a beer with the other resting ops an hour later.

The 20m pileups in the night were great and the 40m NA pileup was the best I
ever had from HG6N on this band. A constant stream of weak NAs in a noise-less
band was fantastic. It lasted 1 hour after sunrise which is quite unusual in
midsummer.

73! zoli ha1ag

ps: where were all the RRTC guys ? we got only 3 of them (32,38,39) They were
loud which promises HUGE pileups for WRTC participants next year.