[3830] IARU N7BV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7bv@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N7BV M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:21:56 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N7BV
Operator(s): K7WA KE7DRT KQ7W N7BV WA7JEP
Station: N7BV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: PORT ANGELES WA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   10             5
   80:   77            17
   40:  171     89     38
   20:  288     99     64
   15:  151    130     25
   10:   41    330     11
-------------------------------------
Total:  738    648    160       0  Total Score = 658,240

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Rigs:   Elecraft K3 & TS-850 + Alpha 78
Antennas:   20/15/10 3el SteppIR @50ft, 2el Quad @50ft;
            40m K3LR Sloping Dipole System; 2el Half Square on EU;
            80m K3LR Sloping Dipole System; Delta Loop
            160m Inv L

This is the 3d year running a MS with some of the newer hams from the local ham
community.  This year was Nita's, KE7DRTâ??s first try at a contest and fourth
for Janet, WA7JEP.  Our goal is to do as well as possible and give the newer
hams a chance to work a contest with some guidance to broaden their skills.

Like N7WA we were surprised by the reappearance of 10m which we jumped on early
and road it.  We also had an unexpected good JA run on 40m SSB.  Later in the
night a good run on 80m.

Our use of Live Scores provided the incentive to work harder.  All five of us
were checking and encouraging each other to keep the rate up and to find those
darn multipliers that N7WA had already worked!

The scores are so close; the log checking committee will no doubt make the
difference as to which of us tops the other.

Thanks to K7WA and KQ7W, regulars at this QTH, who treked up and brought their
knowledge and expertise to the challenge.

73, Chuck N7BV