[3830] CQWW VHF K8CC SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8cc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K8CC SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 21:54:39 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC
Station: K8CC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EN82
Operating Time (hrs): 10:23

    6:  111    39
    2:   59    24
-------------------
Total:  170    63  Total Score = 14,427

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: FT-847, 6M 8877 (1000W), 2M Henry 2002A (500W)
Ant: 6m 7L yagi @ 95', 2M18XXX 2 90'

I tried to recruit members of the Mad River Radio Club having radios with 6/2
capability to try out VHF contesting in this event.  Unfortunately, the
ionosphere didn't provide much encouragement.  The only extended propagation
all weekend was about 40 minutes on 6M out to VE1/VE9 and the far USA East
coast early Sunday afternoon.  Everything else was troposcatter or extended
groundwave.  Some in this area worked CO Sunday morning on 6M while I was QRT,
but I was hearing the N0LL in KS beacon pretty well most of Sunday afternoon.
My best QSO out that way was K0HA in EN10.

I've been off VHF for the past few summers.  It was good to crack the rust off
the gear and get everything running again.

73,

Dave/K8CC